Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The day he left...October 21st, 2009

The day Austin left was one of the hardest things I've ever experienced. It caused me physical pain in my heart that he couldn't hug or kiss me goodbye. When I got to his house he still hadn 't packed yet...So like him! Leave it until the day you're leaving to pack for a two year trip. After he got done packing we went with his family and him to Training Table for lunch because he didn't have to report to the MTC until 1:15 that day. Once we finished eating we made the drive up to Provo, Utah to drop him off at the Missionary Training Center. I truthfully did not want to go along to drop him off, but he insisted. Now, I am really glad I went. Although, it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do to watch the love of my life walk away from me for the next two years, it was so great to see all the other missionaries there who were so happy. At that point I knew he would be well taken care of and that he would be happy too. It was so hard to say goodbye to him. I still got a kiss on my forehead and a promise that he would marry me when he returns! Then I climbed into the car and cried my eyes out while Austin's best friend held me. It honestly made my heart hurt in places I didn't even know it could.

No comments:

Post a Comment