Wednesday, December 30, 2009

When he asked me to wait...


When Austin asked me to wait we had been dating for about 7 months. We had already discussed the idea of me waiting for him while he serves his mission in the past. He knew that I was cool with waiting for him.
Funny story...The third or fourth time we hung out together I asked him about whether he was going to serve a mission or not and his reply was that he was getting ready to turn in his papers really soon. That was the worst thing he could have said to me at that point. I responded with "we can't hang out anymore". Totally kidding but serious at the same time. I did not want that heartache, but deep down I knew that I was already too far "in like" (as we always said before we said I love you) with this guy to stop seeing him.
So... that brings us to our trip to Las Vegas, Nevada in July, 2009 (which is after he received his call to Guadalajara, Mexico leaving October 21, 2009). One of the nights we were there we decided to go inside the Bellagio and check out the chocolate fountain and the gardens. Well the whole day Austin and my sister were laughing and joking around with each other. I kept thinking they were starting to like each other or something. So we're sharing a crepe at the chocolate fountain and Austin gets down on one knee and says my full name and asks if I will wait for him with a beautiful promise ring in his hand. Of course I said yes. No doubt about it. Plus, I figured out why my sister and him were joking around all day. She knew about the ring all along. I couldn't have been happier!! He did a good job!

1 comment:

  1. so cute!! i'm way excited to read this my dear! he'll be home before you know it!! :) let me know if you ever need a girls night with jamba's and oreos!!

    ReplyDelete