Monday, March 22, 2010

Transfers!



Austin was transferred last week. He is in the same zone, but now in an area called San Vicente. He has a new companion (obviously) who is his "step dad" meaning that its his second companion but he is still in training so its not his original dad or his first trainer but his step dad. I was completely unaware of all this lingo...silly me. He gets to take warm showers now as opposed to heating up buckets of water at his last place because the water was cold. YAY! He lives with the zone leaders! Austin also baptized a husband and wife a few weeks before the tranfers. The man that he baptized very first (who is in the video) is now preparing to enter the temple and he got the Aaronic priesthood. Very Exciting! Its so cool to see the good the gospel can do for people's lives!
Austin and I have decided to read the Book of Mormon together this time. I am just waiting for him to finish (he's almost done) and then we will start again together. We will set goals and report to each other every week when we write. I think this will be a fun thing and it will keep us close together. I am so excited! I finally got his mission plaque made. His bishop said they are trying to do away with that tradition so I had his made for him. He was very excited about it. So was I! Other than that nothing else new with him...It's been 5 months already! This is probably the worst 1/4 of the mission...seeing him off and all. It was quite the adjustment not having him here but somehow I've made it this far. I can totally do this, and I know what I am waiting for! Its been really great getting my life in order and I am actually excited for this adventure. We are creating memories even now, when he is away, that I will cherish forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment